Each project is unique and some require fewer steps or more detailed planning. The following steps are guidelines, based on 20 years of experience, that allow website development, print media, and branding/illustration projects to move forward effectively.
Web Design Process
We follow a core four-phase process. The diagram below identifies each of the four phases and major milestones in a typical large-scale website project life cycle.* Smaller website development projects will follow the Discovery, Design, Develop and Deploy stages, although all of the milestones may not be needed.
Define project goals
Identify technical needs
Establish roles & responsibilites
Open communication channels
Create timeline & estimate
Choose hosting company & detemine domain name
Develop site navigation structure
Choose starting point site theme based on client input
Determine overall styles, colors, fonts, & other branding elements
Beta site built & tested
Migrate content into development environment
Site functionality produced & tested
Final QA testing for responsive (mobile) devices
Point domain name to new website
Provide training on new website
Establish a maintenace & support plan
* Additional project documentation will be provided as needed.
Graphic Design Process
- Consultation regarding project requirements, design concepts and deliverables.
- Create the visual design and iterations on the project.
- Ensure the advancement of the project according to scope and timeline.
- Work with printers to ensure requirements are met to produce a high quality final product.
Logo Creation/Digital Illustration Process
- Discuss design requirements, brainstorm ideas and set a timeline.
- Create draft and share it with the client.
- Make iterations on the designs based on client feedback.
- Provide high and low resolution versions of the final designs.
Videography & Photography
Contact our filmmaker/photographer directly to discuss your project requirments.